How Long Does a Kitchen Remodel Take?
Are you trying to understand, realistically, how long it takes to remodel a kitchen? If so, please do us a favor and don't rely on cable tv programs for a clear and honest answer! After all, they are in the business of entertainment!
In this video, Curt discusses 3 aspects to the kitchen remodel timeline:
- Designing the kitchen and selecting desired materials, i.e., cabinet style, backsplash, flooring, appliances, sink, faucet, lighting, etc.
- Procuring those materials. Sounds easy, but depending on the dynamics of the home building industry at any given time (specifically effects from Covid pandemic), there could be significant delays or changes to original plan that may need to be made. We suggest getting ALL your materials on hand before beginning your project.
- Actual physical remodel of your kitchen. Not all contractors work at the same pace, take scheduling seriously, and have a reputation for speaking honestly about starting dates and completion dates. Many speak in vague terms and generalities and don't want to commit to "dates".
Can we share what DreamMaker stats look like for the above 3 phases of a kitchen remodel?
- Design & Material Selection, 4-6 weeks
- Material Acquisition, 4-8 weeks
- Physical Remodel of Average size kitchen, 4 weeks
Fun fact... in 2020, we completed just shy of 90% of our projects within the stated completion date set at time of contract! Pardon the brag, but we are pretty proud of that!
Schedule a Consultation
Contact DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen today to get started.