LED Lighting and Your Remodeling Project
If you are planning to attack a bathroom remodel, a kitchen remodel or any other significant remodeling project in your home, chances are you will have some decisions to make regarding updating the lighting in the space. More than likely, you will be looking at some LED lighting options as this has just stormed the residential world in the last 5 years or so.
So what are the positive characteristics of LED lighting?
- They are so much more efficient than the incandescent bulbs of our younger years. In fact, they use 75-80% less energy to produce the same light! That means savings for us, the consumers.
- Because they do not have a filament, they aren't as fragile which adds to the life of the light source.
- LED's may cost more on the front end, but they will last many, many, years. Getting just a little geeky - expected life can be anywhere between 25,000-100,000 hours. If you had a light turned on 10 hours a day, you are probably looking at anywhere between 7 years and 28 years.
- They emit very little heat making them a practical choice for more applications.
- Lastly, they are so, so small in size as compared to our now historic options. This alone makes them even more flexible to meet more lighting needs in small spaces.
Here at DreamMaker, we work hard to keep up with all the technology and new products heading our way and LED lighting is just one piece of this home remodeling puzzle. We are using LED's in almost all lighting in the home projects that we work on - can lighting, under-cabinet lighting (just a ton of options here), fixtures with bulbs, interior cabinet lighting and more. Many new lighting choices and technology can be seen right here in the DreamMaker Design Center. Plan a visit and let us show you around!